The Reality LA pastors invite you to join them in fasting and praying for our church and city on the first Tuesday of every month. Though there will be no official Reality LA gathering that day, we welcome you to partner with us as we pray for holiness, power, and direction for our church!
In a world that teaches us to follow our desires, fasting is one of God’s ways of training us to say “no” to weaker desires in order to say “yes” to greater desires.
Fasting involves abstaining from food for a set period of time. There are various lengths and reasons to fast, but the overarching goal is to seek spiritual nourishment and focus. The time we would normally use to prepare and enjoy a meal can be spent in prayer. The physical hunger we experience while fasting should remind us of our spiritual need for Christ and drive us to seek him as our sustenance and strength.
To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
Some Ways to Pray
- Thank God for the ways he blesses, sustains, and provides for us.
- Pray for our church as we continue to settle into the Hope Center and pursue what it means to put down roots in Los Angeles.
- Pray for the gospel to be preached throughout all of LA and for our city to respond mightily.
- Pray for tangible opportunities to serve our neighbors.
- Pray for the people we work with and the industries we belong to.
- Pray for the protection and flourishing of families in our church and in Los Angeles.
- Pray for the lonely and isolated in our city to find loving support and community, for the wounded to be healed, for the hungry to be fed, for those experiencing homelessness to be seen as the image bearers of God they are, for those in the foster care system to find homes or be reunited with their families, for those far from God to be led back to him, for those struggling with addiction, anxiety, and fear to be set free, and for God to be glorified!